Monday, April 4, 2011

The Realisation

It has been a long struggle in my life to realise that (a) I'm worth something and (b) nobody's perfect.
I use to have this strange idea that I was 'different' in a negative sense where as now I see myself as simply being unique, in a postive way. It's so freshing to look back at the good old school days and see how the things you stressed about so much really don't faze you anymore. 

I really love this quote by Norman Vincent Peale, I think it's such a frank reminder of who our 'life long friend' really is and why it's so important to accept yourself. ' It is practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.'

4 comments:

  1. Wow sas, I can really relate to this. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, Sarah. It was so much simpler in our younger days, wasn't it? I can speak from personal experience that things only get more complicated, but with the complications come wisdom, excitement and fun.

    I really liked this, it was simple and to the point. But it tells me that you're learning to be comfortable in your own skin, and what more can anyone really ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sentiments exactly. Love the quote too ;-)

    ReplyDelete