Sunday, June 12, 2011

(the creative) elephant in the room

 Now that I have a wonderful 2 months of holiday stretched out in front of me I’ve finally got time to do fun time consuming arty things.

Project 1. knitting. First obstacle relearning how to knit and learn how to knit ribbed. Accomplished after many errors, lots of laughter and tea. I have kindly agreed to make my boyfriend a scarf. It’s going along slowly but not without a few holes here and there.

Project 2. Paining. My sister has wanted stripes painted on her wall. So after watching YouTube videos on how to paint vertical stripes I think I’m ready to get my hands dirty.

Project 3. Mosaic. I love making mosaics as the final product has a high chance of looking good, it’s rewarding. I’ll be creating a splash back for the kitchen.

Being creative in any form makes me feel alive. One wonders why I didn’t study something with a creative focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment