Friday, July 22, 2011

A skill set called leadership

Potential leaders, I think, you are born with a set of gifts which you can choose to utilize or not. When I think leader I naturally think of Nelson Mandel


Madiba's birthday was recently here are a few of my favourite quotes of his:



“I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.”


“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”


“If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”


“In my country we go to prison first and then become President.”


“Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.”


“We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.”


“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.”


“As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself… Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.”


No comments:

Post a Comment