Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You can’t chase two rabbits at the same time.

I’ve been silly enough to try and catch two rabbits at the same time, in the practical sense. When rabbits escape from their hutch they always seem to run in two different directions.

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. “I’d like to improve my knowledge of the martial arts. In addition to learning from you, I’d like to study with another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of this idea?”
“The hunter who chases two rabbits,” answered the master, “catches neither one.”

What could this mean to me in a deeper sense?  Setting your sights on one particular goal is more likely to be successful than trying to split your efforts between two goals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment